27 weeks
here we are, folks. third trimester! it really snuck up on me this pregnancy. the other day, I started doing the math in my head and realized that we are on the home stretch! our due date is three months from yesterday.
I realized, too, that I have gotten way past the "holy moly, we are going to have three kiddos practically under three!" (my oldest turns 3 in june) and am now just excited. maybe it's the sunshine that has unfolded in the pacific northwest that just makes me want to soak up everything good around me. or maybe it's just that God has poured out immeasurable grace and a heart can't help but be thankful when we have a God that is so good.
am I trying to convince you that all is sunshine and roses around here? not for a second. we're still people, with real fears and bad days and kids that wake up early sometimes and go to bed too late. we still have poopy messes to clean up (try scrubbing poop out of shag carpet-- awesome, let me tell you. that was yesterday morning. note to self: don't let your 15-month-old run around naked right after a bath). I still get in a funk for no reason at all and have to choose joy over letting my emotions take control. we still try to go for a family walk and everyone ends up grumpy. ha, that was yesterday, too. thankfully, we toughed it out and survived.
so, I guess the point of this rambling post is that life is life no matter how you slice it. if you want your circumstances to dictate the way you live, well then, best of luck to ya. as for us, our hope is not in circumstances. it's not in perfect kids, enough money, a good night's sleep, a boss who is nice to us, a car that runs, a clean house, or clothes that fit. our hope, instead, is in a powerful God who rules an unshakeable kingdom. His grace is all around us. He, everyday, (in salvation, if nothing else) gives us way more than this chica deserves.
so, about our little girl. she is making her presence known with lots of wiggles (I love it!). she is growing well (hello, belly!) and we will see her yet again on ultrasound next week. we have a list of names we like and they are all good options, but still need to decide on the right one for this little lady. her big brothers are excited and her biggest brother, in particular, says hello to her and prays often for his baby sister.
I have had fun exploring the side of the store that is the baby girl's section! we have been blessed already with some super cute outfits to dress her up come august! I am feeling well and have had adequate energy to accomplish daily tasks as well as some deeper cleaning/projects in preparation for her arrival. I have had to back off of the running, but thanks to the warmer weather, have had lots of opportunity for long walks with my boys.
three months left as a family of four, but this precious girl has made her way into our hearts already. we are excited to meet you, baby girl Thomasson!
I realized, too, that I have gotten way past the "holy moly, we are going to have three kiddos practically under three!" (my oldest turns 3 in june) and am now just excited. maybe it's the sunshine that has unfolded in the pacific northwest that just makes me want to soak up everything good around me. or maybe it's just that God has poured out immeasurable grace and a heart can't help but be thankful when we have a God that is so good.
am I trying to convince you that all is sunshine and roses around here? not for a second. we're still people, with real fears and bad days and kids that wake up early sometimes and go to bed too late. we still have poopy messes to clean up (try scrubbing poop out of shag carpet-- awesome, let me tell you. that was yesterday morning. note to self: don't let your 15-month-old run around naked right after a bath). I still get in a funk for no reason at all and have to choose joy over letting my emotions take control. we still try to go for a family walk and everyone ends up grumpy. ha, that was yesterday, too. thankfully, we toughed it out and survived.
so, I guess the point of this rambling post is that life is life no matter how you slice it. if you want your circumstances to dictate the way you live, well then, best of luck to ya. as for us, our hope is not in circumstances. it's not in perfect kids, enough money, a good night's sleep, a boss who is nice to us, a car that runs, a clean house, or clothes that fit. our hope, instead, is in a powerful God who rules an unshakeable kingdom. His grace is all around us. He, everyday, (in salvation, if nothing else) gives us way more than this chica deserves.
so, about our little girl. she is making her presence known with lots of wiggles (I love it!). she is growing well (hello, belly!) and we will see her yet again on ultrasound next week. we have a list of names we like and they are all good options, but still need to decide on the right one for this little lady. her big brothers are excited and her biggest brother, in particular, says hello to her and prays often for his baby sister.
I have had fun exploring the side of the store that is the baby girl's section! we have been blessed already with some super cute outfits to dress her up come august! I am feeling well and have had adequate energy to accomplish daily tasks as well as some deeper cleaning/projects in preparation for her arrival. I have had to back off of the running, but thanks to the warmer weather, have had lots of opportunity for long walks with my boys.
three months left as a family of four, but this precious girl has made her way into our hearts already. we are excited to meet you, baby girl Thomasson!
![]() |
| 27 weeks |

Comments
Post a Comment
Please comment...i would love to hear from you!