manual labor
summertime has arrived and we are having lots of fun in the sun!
today was a little cooler than it has been the past week, so we loaded up the stroller and headed to the park for some playground time and a picnic lunch. this type of activity is a win-win, because I get my workout in by hauling 65+ pounds of munchkins along with our "stuff", and the boys get to play, play, play.
perfect.
I decided (for some reason) that today, I was going to practice shooting on manual. we have owned our canon rebel for over two years and I continue to wimp out and usually shoot with semi-manual options. I added my camera to the cargo and, while the boys got their energy out, I was taking a gazillion pictures to capture their fun and help me learn at the same time.
I was fairly pleased. some pictures are awful and have way too much light; others, I thought weren't bad for a practice session.
feel free to critique (as long as it's constructive; i'm trying to learn, not just feel like an amateur photographer that I am). thanks!
side note: none of these are edited because a) that would take more time and b) I don't want to mask the raw product. again, trying to learn.
I must say, it is really fun having cute little boys to take pictures of! I get lots of shutter speed adjustment practice, if nothing else! I don't know if i'm ever going to be able to get pictures of all three when Evelyn Claire arrives!
today was a little cooler than it has been the past week, so we loaded up the stroller and headed to the park for some playground time and a picnic lunch. this type of activity is a win-win, because I get my workout in by hauling 65+ pounds of munchkins along with our "stuff", and the boys get to play, play, play.
perfect.
I decided (for some reason) that today, I was going to practice shooting on manual. we have owned our canon rebel for over two years and I continue to wimp out and usually shoot with semi-manual options. I added my camera to the cargo and, while the boys got their energy out, I was taking a gazillion pictures to capture their fun and help me learn at the same time.
I was fairly pleased. some pictures are awful and have way too much light; others, I thought weren't bad for a practice session.
feel free to critique (as long as it's constructive; i'm trying to learn, not just feel like an amateur photographer that I am). thanks!
side note: none of these are edited because a) that would take more time and b) I don't want to mask the raw product. again, trying to learn.
I must say, it is really fun having cute little boys to take pictures of! I get lots of shutter speed adjustment practice, if nothing else! I don't know if i'm ever going to be able to get pictures of all three when Evelyn Claire arrives!
With subjects this cute, how could the pictures be anything but great! Thanks for sharing. ��
ReplyDelete